I have worked as a musician, sound designer, actor, arts administrator and teacher for the last 20 years. I’ve collaborated with a wide variety of ensembles in theater, film, and dance. Some of my latest collaborations have been with New Place Players, film composer Renaud Barbier for his latest film soundtrack, Petit Pays, filmmaker Rodrigo Monterrey, and the Orquesta de Cámara de Chile. I have taught at the Rudolf Steiner School, the Institute of Audio Research, and have been a guest lecturer at Sciences Po Paris-Reims, NY University and Dubspot in NYC. I’ve also played with various orchestras and ensembles, including the Orquesta de Cámara de Chile, Distinguished Concerts International NY, The Philharmonic Orchestra of the Americas, the Manhattan Camerata, Nikolett Pankovits and various others, having performed at Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, the Kennedy Center, and Palacio de Bellas Artes in Mexico City, among others.
I’m currently focusing on music technology, developing various software-based musical instruments. You can learn more about them and the rest of my work by visiting my portfolio.
TRAIN WITH ME ¶
I have more than 15 years teaching. I taught at a number of schools in NYC while I was living there (2001 - 2016). I also have taught privately throughout my career. I have a strong background teaching in the following areas:
- Music production techniques (including basic-to-intermediate mixing and mastering).
- Musical creativity when working with music technology.
- Sound design.
- Music theory.
- Workflow and methodology.
- Viola & violin.
- Piano & guitar (basics only).
- Performance coaching.
- Pro Tools (Avid Certified Trainer).
- Logic Pro (basic-to-intermediate).
- Ableton (looking to get certified soon!).
- Max/MSP & Max for Live (basic-to-intermediate).
- Cabbage & Csound (basics).
- Google Office & admin workflows.
- Web design (I built this site myself from the ground up using HTML/CSS/JS and Hugo, and could show you some basic tips).
If you’re interested in working with me, feel free to get in touch and we can arrange for a brief chat.
HIRE ME ¶
I work mostly as a freelancer in music and arts-related fields. In addition to being a musician and composer/sound designer, I have taught extensively. I’ve also worked in arts administration and have done various types of production work (e.g. helping planning and orchestra’s tour, organizing educational programs, score editing for various recordings & performances, etc.).
I’ve broken down the various areas where I may be of service into the following categories:
For the last 8 years I’ve been working as the musical director of theater company New Place Players. You can check out some of my work here.
I’ve also recently composed a soundtrack for a short film in my third collaboration with filmmaker Rodrigo Monterrey, which is hitting the festival circuit this fall. We were accepted to the Online New England Film Festival, which debuted in September 2020.
Most recently I worked with film composer Renaud Barbier on his latest soundtrack from the film Petit Pays. I had a dual role, helping him with all the copy for the score and parts, as well as recording on viola.
I’ve also recorded for a number of projects throughout the years. Here’s a sample of some of the albums in which I’ve played:
- Alondra de la Parra - Mi Alma Mexicana & Travieso Carmesí.
- Sonya Kitchell - This Storm.
- Lisa Bodnar - Come Hell or High Water.
- Goodbye Picasso - The Book of Aylene.
Feel free to check them out in my Recordings page.
CURRICULUM VITAE ¶